
In Chapter 14 Jem and Scout were still adjusting to living with Aunt Alexandra. Scout was emotionaly affected by her Aunt Alexandra. Atticus stated" 'Scout, try not to antagonize Aunty, hear (p. 140).' " She restricted Scout and Jem from doing their normal routines such as playing in the mud or climbing trees. It seemed their Aunt didn't share the same views of society and race as they did. Aunt Alexandra was not acustom to their daily transactions, as they differed from hers. I feel that it was unfair of Atticus to bring Aunt Alexandra to live with them so suddenly. However I do think that it was mostly their Aunt's doing. I have found that Aunts in books are often potreyed as cruel and unplesant, such as the Aunts in "James in the Giant Peach" To learn the similarities between the aunts of "To kill a mockingbird" and "James and the giant peach" click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment